Thursday, November 26, 2020

The Inclinator Race- July 11th, 2020!


Saturday, July 11th, 2020

My first real/official race since February 29th! It was so much fun!! I missed races. 😢 I completed the Inclinator Race, which 50 flights of this giant staircase! With running to and from the race/Lookout Park and the 50 flights of this giant staircase, it was about 5,000 feet of elevation gain. Yeah!! 😁😁

I also completed an unofficial ultra marathon (#151) along with the Inclinator, because why not?! Ha! I ran at home, ran to Lookout Park, completed the Inclinator Race, ran home, and then ran at home-- Unofficial ultra marathon #151 complete!! 30 miles!!! 🙂🙂

July Mileage Challenge: ➡️➡️ Back story... So, I started a July Mileage Challenge. 30+ miles a day... See that blog post!! 

Anyways, the Inclinator Race was amazing. The race director is wonderful. He did a fantastic job with safely putting on a small race. Safe and clean! My friend Sarah celebrated her birthday there too, which was great. Also, several runners at the race recognized me from the news, so I was quite the celebrity. It was hilarious. Ha! Several runners were excited to see the "runner from TV" today. They were inspired by me, which is what I hope to do. 🤩🤩 I must say though this was hard. I climbed the height of Mt. Everest on my staircase at home. I climbed double the height of Mt. Everest on my staircase and step stool at home. But, this giant staircase is evil and a bit more challenging. It has an extremely steep grade/incline. Ha ha. 😂🤦‍♀️