Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Stay at Home Order Running Challenges

EPIC adventures in the spring during the Stay at Home Order in Michigan!!! I gave myself a running challenge for each week of the Stay at Home Order. 
❤❤❤


Here's 12 weeks of EPIC running challenges and adventures!!

March 15th through June 5th... 1,631 miles in 12 weeks! 
(Technically, June 7th is when I stopped counting the mileage, since Michigan opened back up on June 8th.)

All of my races were cancelled thru June, so I decided to create my own races and challenges with the help of my son... Harry also designed medals and belt buckles, and Kim created them for us!! :) I did participate in a few virtual races, and I won Most Creative Indoor Race too. 
(Yes, I am well aware that they are not official races. I count my total for me, and I LOVE to run.)


During these 12 weeks of running challenges, I was very fortunate and got to share my running journey many times.. I was on the local Fox17 News twice. Then, I received the Most Creative Indoor Race award on a YouTube show for the Aravaipa Strong Virtual Race, and I got to "hang out" with some famous runners. I also had a podcast with Running 4 Soles... Finally, I was featured in the Canadian Running Magazine and Insider News!!!!!! WOW!! I am extremely proud. I hope to lead by example and show people that they are capable of anything. I hope to inspire people to do something great, whatever that may be..

Stay at Home Order Running Challenges: ⬇️⬇️
Week #1: 5 marathons 
Week #2: 7 marathons in 7 days
Week #3: 100 mile run in my backyard/house
Week #4: 100 mile run in my backyard/house
Week #5: Staircase Mt. Everest climb, 50 miles, 29,029 ft of elevation gain 
Week #6: Aravaipa 100 mile run inside my house 
Week #7: Covid-19 mile run inside my house 
Week #8: Mother's Day Backyard Ultra, 50 miles
Week #9: Roll the Dice, 131.53 mile run
Week #10: Head Goat 50k (31 miles)
Week #11: Double Mt. Everest climb, 120 miles, 58,058 ft of elevation gain 
Week #12: Sasquatch 100 mile run

(Also, I did the virtual Corona Run 5k, virtual BFF 5k, and Quarantine 300 where I completed 300 miles in 3 weeks.)