Thursday, November 26, 2020

Hungerford Marathon! September 26th, 2020


Saturday, September 26th, 2020

Marathon #164 complete!! 28 miles!!! Yes, 28 miles due to covid restrictions with the shuttle bus. So, we were rewarded with 2 bonus miles. HA HA!! It was a beautiful day for a marathon, and we were surrounded by beautiful scenery and endless sand dune type hills! Ha! 😁😂

The course... So, the course was interesting this time. SO. MUCH. SAND. A good portion of the course was sand dune type hills. It's hard to get good traction in sand. Running in sand is quite different and quite an experience too. HA! The "power line section" of the course was very intense! WOW!! The scenery was beautiful, and the fall colors were gorgeous. This race is challenging but has so much to offer because you get a little bit of everything-- sand dunes, sand trails, hiking trails, horse trails, dirt roads, gravel roads, and pavement. :) 

It was a slow marathon for me, but that's ok... I did it on purpose. I found a rookie marathon runner who was struggling and needed some help. So, I stopped to walk with him and helped him finish his first marathon!! That was awesome!! I LOVE helping rookie marathon runners finish their first marathon! It gives me so much joy. ❤ I LOVE helping all runners achieve their goals too. This is probably why I love coaching cross country so much. For me, I don't need to win, I just enjoy the journey and enjoy my accomplishments of marathons and ultras. It's also about helping runners for me because I love that. ❤

Shout out to the race directors too!! THANK YOU for putting on such a fantastic race!! You guys are awesome!!! 😁😁