Thursday, November 26, 2020

July Mileage Challenge!!!

My own virtual race across Michigan!!!
30 Day Challenge!!
945 MILES in July!!!! Running, walking, hiking, and biking!!! 🙂
Ultra marathons #141 thru #159! 
(18 unofficial ultras, 1 official marathon, 11 bike rides!)

My July Mileage Challenge! 945 miles!! 😮 So, I made up my own virtual race across Michigan for July. Cool!! 🙂 My favorite place ever is Whitefish Point, MI, so I figured I would make that the virtual goal. Well, from Grand Rapids to Whitefish Point is 315 miles. So, from Grand Rapids to Whitefish Point and back, and then back to Whitefish Point again is 945 miles!!! I did just that!!! 945 miles in July!! This averaged out to be 31.5 ish miles (50k) a day for 30 days!!! WHOA. 😮🤯🤩

YES!!! I ran, walked, hiked, and biked 945 MILES in 30 days in July!!! 😁😁

Note: Not part of the challenge. I added an additional 25 mile bike ride on July 31st at night, to make it 970 miles total for July!!!! 

The What & How?! ⬇️⬇️
Sooooo.. How did I do it, you ask?! Well, I did it by running, walking, hiking, and biking. Almost half of it was on my exercise/stationary bike. (An exercise/stationary bike is easier than running. Ha!) I split the mileage up into 3-5 segments/times a day (early morning, morning, afternoon, night, late night), so it took me 8-11 hours total of running and walking. (3 hours or less if biking.) Breaking up the mileage into multiple times a day made it doable and easier for me. Also, I used two pairs of shoes, one pair of sandals, and I went barefoot.
Now, if I were to do this all at once, not take so many breaks, and no biking, it would be much more difficult!! HA!! 😶

I was super creative with the mileage too. 😜😜 Here's where/how I got the mileage- a motel room up north, motel parking lot up north, the beach on three Great Lakes, boardwalk, Castle Rock, Cut River Bridge, my friend's guest/spare bedroom, my friend's pool (I walked laps in the pool), Atlanta Airport perimeter twice & walking around three other airports, inside my house, my backyard, 10+ neighborhoods, two tracks, 20+ different trails, 15+ different parks, Cumberland Mountains, US Space & Rocket Center Museum, John Ball Zoo, my staircase, staircase on Division St, my treadmill, exercise/stationary bike, walking in place, and two official races!! 

I ran, walked, and hiked in 5 states too- Michigan (lower and upper peninsula), Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and North Carolina. 

Yes, I went very slow with running and walking, no shame. (By going very slow and breaking up the mileage into a few times a day, that also made it doable.) Yes, I did sleep, more than you think. Yes, I know it's a crazy idea. Save the ridiculous comments, please. I already know I have weird ideas. Ha! 😜😜

So... This is the reason why there's been 19 ultras completed in July. Ultras #141 thru #159 completed. I only counted unofficial ultra marathons that I ran/walked during July, not bike. (18 unofficial ultras, 1 official marathon completed. 11 bike rides of 30+ miles.) 

(Yes, I am well aware that these are unofficial ultras. I count the total for ME, NOT Marathon Maniacs. ME. My total. I love numbers and like to keep track of my marathons/ultras for me. It doesn't matter anyway. Do what works for YOU, no one else. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you want to count your unofficial marathons/ultras, you can. DO YOU. BE YOU.) 

19 days in July- ➡️ 30+ miles of running, walking, and hiking. (19 ultra marathons #141 thru #159 completed, 18 unofficial ultras, 1 official marathon.)
11 days in July- ➡️ 30+ miles on my exercise/stationary bike.

My anxiety has been pretty bad during this pandemic, so I have been running a lot to help ease my mind and take my mind off things. Running has been a good stress relief. This pandemic also has inspired me to complete some wild and crazy running challenges/goals that I have always had.. Why not?? If you have the time, go for it!!! If you have a dream, go do it. I had extra time, so I have amped up my mileage! Yes, I went very slowly, but who cares! Forward is forward. Honestly, I've enjoyed it. I've enjoyed the extreme mileage and enjoyed achieving some wild running goals. It has been fun, in the weirdest way possible. Ha!! These running challenges have been amazing for Harry and I too. It's given us great adventures as a family, good memories, and great math lessons. 

I hope you make a goal and achieve it too. I believe in you. I hope you believe in yourself too. ❤❤

Additional information... 
Here's the information on the number of ultra marathons and bike rides in July:
(18 unofficial ultras, 1 official marathon, 10 bike rides.)
July 1- run/walk, 32 miles, ultra #141
July 2- run/walk, 32 miles, ultra #142
July 3- run/walk, 32 miles, ultra #143
July 4- run/walk, 31 miles, ultra #144
July 5- run/walk, 31 miles, ultra #145
July 6- run/walk, 32 miles, ultra #146
July 7- run/walk, 33 miles, ultra #147
July 8- run/walk, 32 miles, ultra #148
July 9- run/walk, 32 miles, ultra #149
July 10- run/walk, 35 miles, ultra #150
July 11- run/walk & RACE, 34 miles, ultra #151
July 12- run/walk, 31 miles, ultra #152
July 13- run/walk, 31 miles, ultra #153 
July 14- run/walk/pool, 31 miles, ultra #154
July 15- run/walk/pool, 30 miles, ultra #155
July 16- run/walk/pool, 30 miles, ultra #156
July 17- run/walk, 31 miles, ultra #157
July 18- BIKE, 31 miles 
July 19- BIKE, 31 miles 
July 20- run/walk, 31 miles, ultra #158
July 21- BIKE, 31 miles 
July 22- BIKE, 31 miles 
July 23- BIKE, 31 miles
July 24- run/walk/bike, 31 miles
July 25- BIKE, 31 miles 
July 26- run/walk, RACE, 26.2 miles, official marathon #159, 5 additional miles- 31 miles 
July 27- BIKE, 32 miles 
July 28- BIKE, 32 miles 
July 29- BIKE, 32 miles
July 30- BIKE, 32 miles
July 31- BIKE, 25 miles

Note: Not part of the challenge. I added an additional 25 mile bike ride on July 31st at night, to make it 970 miles total for July!!!