Thursday, November 26, 2020

Ultrarunning Magazine Debut! Ha ha!!


I made into the Ultrarunning Magazine!

The Ultrarunning Magazine came in the mail. Naturally, since I am in the magazine, I did a ridiculously goofy photo shoot with it!! HA HA!! 😂🤦‍♀️
Yes, I have quite a goofy personality. 

Sharing the background information about the Ultrarunning Magazine and my running challenges again! ⬇️⬇️

So, I am in the Ultrarunning Magazine, the online and paper edition!! 😁😍 Nice surprise! Back in April, during the Stay at Home Order of the pandemic, I ran the Aravaipa Strong Virtual Race, 100 mile run. I ran the entire 100 miles inside my house, a tiny 0.02 mile loops in my living room and upstairs! My crazy indoor 100 mile run actually won an award for this race, Most Creative Indoor Race. I had the opportunity to speak on their YouTube awards show too. It was awesome. A recent article was written about the Aravaipa Strong Virtual Race, and to my surprise, I am in the article. Way cool!!! 🤩🤩

The Aravaipa Strong Virtual Race, 100 mile run was one of six that I completed during the Stay at Home Order of the pandemic!! Yes, you read that right. Ha!! I kept busy with some insane running challenges. I made a running challenge for each week of the Stay at Home Order. It ended up being 12 weeks of running challenges, and I racked up the mileage! I also did an insane mileage challenge in July and created my own virtual race across Michigan, 945 miles. I was inspired by another ultra runner, James Leitner, who ran 900 miles in July!!! 😁

ALSO... I had the opportunity to share my running story multiple times on the news and in online running magazines, which was super cool! It was wonderful. I was on TV, in the local Fox17 news twice, Aravaipa Strong Virtual Race YouTube show, Running 4 Soles Podcast, Canadian Running Magazine, Insider news, Run Society Magazine in Asia, and now the Ultrarunning Magazine!! 8 times in the news/media all over the world!!!! Wow! SUPER PROUD!!! 🤩

Here's the recap of my insane running challenges during this pandemic!! ⬇️⬇️
(When races are canceled, you can create your own races and challenges. Running is NOT canceled. Keep moving forward.)

Stay at Home Order Running Challenges: ⬇️⬇️
March 15th to June 7th... 1,631 miles!
Week #1: 5 marathons 
Week #2: 7 marathons in 7 days
Week #3: 100 mile run in my backyard/house
Week #4: 100 mile run in my backyard/house
Week #5: Staircase Mt. Everest climb and 50 miles 
Week #6: Aravaipa 100 mile run inside my house 
Week #7: Covid-19 mile run inside my house 
Week #8: Mother's Day Backyard Ultra, 50 miles
Week #9: Roll the Dice, 131.53 mile run
Week #10: Head Goat 50k (31 miles)
Week #11: Double Mt. Everest climb and 120 miles
Week #12: Sasquatch 100 mile run

July Mileage Challenge/My Own Virtual Race Across Michigan! ⬇️⬇️
(30 day challenge)
Averaged 31.5 miles (50k) each day for 30 days- 
945 MILES!! 😮
18 unofficial ultras, 31+ miles 
1 official marathon, 26.2 miles 
11 bike rides of 31+ miles

Note: Not part of the July Mileage Challenge. I added an additional 25 mile bike ride on July 31st at night, to make it 970 miles total for July!!!!

As always... YOU CAN DO ANYTHING. YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. Believe in yourself, your goals are possible. ❤❤

Here's my news articles, awards shows, and podcast: ⬇️⬇️

https://www.fox17online.com/news/marathon-runner-makes-backyard-race-with-help-from-her-son

https://www.fox17online.com/sports/after-backyard-100-grand-rapids-women-climbs-the-height-of-mt-everest

https://youtu.be/78_xreGaiJc

https://www.running4soles.com/blog1/a-podcast-interview-with-stephanie-northway

https://runningmagazine.ca/trail-running/how-an-ultrarunner-keeps-busy-during-quarantine/

https://www.insider.com/runner-100-mile-courses-in-house-backyard-after-races-canceled-2020-6

https://www.runsociety.com/inspiration/creative-ultra-marathoner/