Thursday, November 26, 2020

EVERY STREET Virtual Challenge!!! East Grand Rapids!


November 12-14, 2020

Every Damn Street Virtual Challenge... 
182 MILES biked! 🤩
Here's what it looks like to bike every street in East Grand Rapids and two neighborhoods in Grand Rapids! Crazy map! 😮


Here's the recap: ⬇️
Every Damn Street Virtual Challenge is finished!!! EVERY STREET in the city East Grand Rapids, plus my neighborhood and the neighborhood adjacent to it. Three days, 182 MILES!!!! 😮🤩
(The majority of the miles were covered on day #3.) 

Thank you, Scott, for letting me borrow your bike shorts. Life saver!!

This was quite the epic adventure, on a used bike purchased from Facebook Marketplace. Ha ha ha! This bike is very heavy, which made it a bit tough, but I really enjoyed this bike. Smooth riding and easy to maintain a fast speed! It was super cool checking out all of the streets in East Grand Rapids and all of its parks & trails. Bonus miles included all of the streets in my neighborhood and the neighborhood adjacent to it. There's so many cool things to see, so close to us! So beautiful too!! Wow! I did learn that I am terrible at biking on trails. Yikes! Ha! I'll stick to roads

It was fun doing something different too. I LOVED biking!!! I forgot how much I loved biking too.. I can't wait to bike more. Maybe I'll bike another city?! Hmmmm... 🤔
(Note: I do practice on my exercise/stationary bike and a portable desk bike everyday, so getting back on a road bike was easier than I thought.)

Thank you, Aravaipa Running, for putting on such a creative virtual challenge. 🤩🤩🤩