Thursday, November 26, 2020

Career changes, life changes...


As you know, there were a lot of school changes this year. I walked away from my classroom/career and started homeschooling Harry! I love homeschooling!! I changed things up a bit, tried something new, and have started a few new careers. In the summer, I took online classes and got my TEFL and TESOL Masters Certification!!! So, I can now teach English as a foreign language. I work part time as an English teacher and teach English online to kids in China. I LOVE IT. The hours are early though. So, that brings me to the exercise equipment.... While I am sitting at the table or couch teaching, I can work out and rack up the miles! Ha!! I have a portable desk bike, portable treadmill, and a step machine. It's fantastic, running or biking while teaching. Ha! (Yes, I know it's weird and quirky too.) 

I also got a flexible part time job with an online high school, Back on Track, and I work as a high school academic advisor/teacher. I LOVE IT. It is such a rewarding job helping high school students get on the right path again. I hope many of my students earn their diploma this year. 

So, I have a lot different roles and jobs- homeschool mom, cross country/track coach, private tutor, online English teacher in China, and online high school academic advisor/teacher-- but I am enjoying what I do. And yes, I sleep and relax. (Not enough sometimes, but that is my own fault. Ha.) No need to comment that. 😉

Anyway, it's never too late to make a change... It is never too late to try something new. 🙂🙂