Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Mother's Day Backyard Ultra, 50 Miles!

Saturday, May 9th, 2020

Mother's Day Backyard Ultra... 50 Miles!!!! 😁
54 miles total for the day!

Ultra marathon #136 complete!!
(Yes, I am well aware that some are unofficial, but I count the total for me, not Marathon Maniacs. My goals and accomplishments are personal and for me.)

This is becoming a tradition for me. Last year, I did a Mother's Day ultra and ran 40 miles! This year, it's 50 miles. I think I'm going to do this every year! 😎😎 

This was the same format as my two backyard 100s in April. Running laps around my backyard. Only complaint... It was SO cold here, 28°F in the morning!! Warm up, Michigan!!! Don't let the sun fool you. It was cold and very windy.
🥶🥶🥶🥶
Start: 5:30am
Finish: 5:47pm
11 hours 47 minutes 

Lap information: ⬇️⬇️
It is 0.032 miles and 172 feet in perimeter around my driveway. I measured the driveway out with a tape measure and watch. 75 feet long and 11 feet wide, 172 feet in perimeter.. That's 31 laps for a mile, 1,550 laps for 50 miles.. 

(Math problems- 
Perimeter- 75+75+11+11= 172 feet. 5,280 feet in a mile. 5,280÷172=  30.7. Round up to make sure, 31 laps per mile. 31×50= 1,550 laps for 50 miles! 😜)

Lap calculations: ⬇️⬇️
Same format as my two backyard 100s in April. 
I kept my watch GPS on to measure mileage, not mile splits though. (It is not a fancy watch, but it gets the job done. Also, I didn't track my mile times/pace because it is not accurate on small loops. It messes up the pace.) I tracked my mileage and tracked my step count. 

Harry and I both kept track with tally marks too.  I kept track on a piece of paper. We counted each lap. (1 for lap 1, 2 for lap 2, etc.) When I got to 31, I would make a tally mark to represent 1 mile. Then I would start my count over again. 

(51 miles tracked on my watch. 50 miles tracked with tally marks.)

Today was A LOT of fun!!! Harry designed me a medal, and it came in the mail just in time for me to finish. Awesome. Thank you, Kim Levinsky!!! :) Harry also designed an obstacle course for me to do. OMG. THAT was tough. We did the obstacle course together for almost 5 miles. Literally did the obstacle course 150 times!!!! Not exaggerating. My poor legs!!! See video on my Facebook page. 
😮😮

So, during the shutdown and "stay at home order" of the pandemic, I created crazy weekly running challenges. All of my races were cancelled thru the end of May, so I wanted to stay motivated. The running challenges helped ease my anxiety and took my mind off the situation. Believe me, I needed these challenges. The running challenges were great bonding time with my family. We had so much fun together. The running challenges were great math lessons for Harry too. He learned so much and learned creativity. I learned more so now than ever, KEEP MOVING FORWARD.. You can do anything. Your limitation is only in your imagination. ❤
Get ready for week #9... We shall see what it brings... ;) 

Pandemic shutdown challenges:
Week #1: 5 marathons 
Week #2: 7 marathons in 7 days
Week #3: 100 mile run in my backyard/house
Week #4: 100 mile run in my backyard/house
Week #5: Staircase Everest climb and 50 miles 
Week #6: 100 mile run inside my house 
Week #7: Covid-19 mile run inside my house 
Week #8: Mother's Day Backyard Ultra, 50 miles