Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Covid-19 Mile Run


May 3rd, 2020

Ok, ok.. For a laugh... So, I didn't quite make it a week without running, like I said I would do. I said I would take a break after six weeks of epic running challenges, but yeah, here we are... HA HA.. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ So, the pandemic shutdown running challenges continue... I'll probably continue the challenges until the "stay at home order" is over with too, so end of May ish? We will see what happens! So, week #7 was a short challenge too. I completely forgot that I signed up for the free virtual race, Covid-19 Social Distance 19 mile run. Oops. The sticker came in the mail during the weekend, so I figured I needed to "earn" it because I didn't do a separate 19 mile run for it yet. But, let's face it, I've already run a bazillion miles during the pandemic. I could take a break. Nope, must earn it, I decided to keep my pandemic shutdown running challenge streak going, for now.. We shall see. I ended week #7 with the covid-19 social distance 19 mile run. This was a short challenge for me, but it worked. True to quarantine fashion, I ran laps in my house. HA HA. 😂😂 There's a few more running challenges planned in May. Should be pretty awesome. Stay tuned. 😁😁

Kim Levinsky made a spectacular medal for this too. She's also made medals for my first two weeks of marathon challenge during the pandemic shutdown. I figured I would start a medal collection specifically for my pandemic shutdown running challenges. Why not?! It's been awesome. :) :)

Pandemic Shutdown Running Challenges:
Week #1-- 5 marathons 
Week #2-- 7 marathons in 7 days
Week #3-- 100 mile run in the backyard/house
Week #4-- 100 mile run in the backyard/house
Week #5-- Staircase Everest climb and 50 mile run 
Week #6-- 100 mile run in the house
Week #7-- Covid-19 mile run inside my house