Saturday, April 11, 2020

We were on TV!!!!

We are famous! ;) A news reporter on Fox17 read my blog and wanted to share my story on the news. Harry and I were interviewed! We talked about my backyard 100 mile run and its journey. So cool!!!! So proud of Harry! 😁😁 At the end of the interview, Harry said that he has made up another backyard 100 mile run for me.. The Lightning Race. 

Here's the link for the news segment:

https://www.fox17online.com/news/marathon-runner-makes-backyard-race-with-help-from-her-son

Some thoughts:

On the last day of 8th grade, my English teacher, Mrs. Murray, said to me: "Stephanie, you are going to be on the news someday, doing great things and inspiring others." 

Well, I guess she was right. Ha ha! Almost 20 years later, I have never forgotten her words. I may have lost my way a few times, dealt with trauma, dealt with bullying, and had some mishaps, but I never forgot what she said to me. She saw something in me that I didn't see in myself yet... I do now... I thank her for it. 

See, it doesn't matter if you run are fast or slow, if you run long distances or short distances, if you run races or don't run races, if you wear a GPS watch or don't wear a watch, if you are first place or last place, if you post your mileage or don't post it... A runner is a runner, no matter what. Each runner is unique and special in their own way. That is what makes this sport so great. If anyone tells you otherwise, don't listen. Don't listen to the people who doubt you or poke fun at you. You ARE a runner, no matter what. This applies all things in life too!!! You are unique and special in your own way, in every part of your life. Don't listen to the negatives and choose kindness. 

I like to be extra unique and a little different. I like to think outside the box. Ha ha!! I hope to inspire runners (or anyone) to go out there and achieve their goals. I hope to inspire others to do something positive. After everything I have been through in life, I know that it is possible to achieve your goals. Your goals and dreams are possible. Don't forget that. Really, you can do anything. Just keep moving forward. ❤❤

Keep moving forward... 
(I got this tattooed on my wrist 9 years ago, as a reminder.)